Tuesday, May 3, 2011

T-Ball Adventures



I have been involved with the higher skilled athletes for so long that I almost forgot what T-ball is like. Recently, my grandson has been practicing baseball on an instructional T-ball team. When the rain cancelled practice the last two times, you would have thought that the world was coming to an end. The question of "Why?" among the tear drops reminded me of how mother nature can be cruel to little ones.

My grandson has had four practices to date. Many parents help the coach to get some good beginning practices in. Most of the boys are picking up the game rather quickly. The hardest thing to do is keep them _all_ from chasing a ground ball and then diving into the grass on it at one time. There is something fun about diving into the grass and wrestling for the ball.

We are still some time away before actual game competition. However, once the weather starts drying out, I am sure that we will see some future Lance Berkmans.

No comments: